Friday, April 29, 2016

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

Rain, Rain, and more Rain.

The gardens have been growing but needed a drink in the worst way.  Today we have received plenty of rain.  We walked out and checked  the plants.  They fared well. It is raining again tonight.

I'm thinking about posting some of my recipes on here.  I might start with my Peasant Bread recipe.
It is and easy bread to make and so tasty! What do you think?

I made egg salad for our lunches today out of Gigi's eggs.....delicious!  I have been tired and glad today is Friday.
I was wanting to pick strawberries tomorrow but it is suppose to rain.  I will check the weather again in the morning.  We like to go to Ludwig and pick.The berry farm has beautiful berries.  I want to put up some strawberry jam.

The chickens are growing and counting down the days til we find our first egg.

1 comment:

  1. The bread was really good. Thank you so much.
    We used to go Ludwig to pick when larry's mom
    Was still with us.

    We had egg sandwiches when I lived on the
    Carroll county farm. Mom smashed the egg
    With a fork and added mustard, salt and pepper.
    We never had mayonnaise. We were really poor.
    If we did not have mustard mom would put a little
    Thick cream in it. We used up any food fast.
    Biscuit, onion and mustard sandwich is really
    Good if you are hungry!

    ReplyDelete