Thursday, July 7, 2016

Life Turned Upside Down

I haven't posted in quite a few days. ...

Doug and I chaperoned a group of kids to church camp on June 27th.  I didn't take my computer with be so I could focus the kids and spending time with them.  We enjoyed camp and kids were among the best kids I have ever met in my life.

On Thursday morning, I knocked on Doug's cabin door to wake him for breakfast.  I heard someone fall and thought one of the kids had tripped over something and fell into the door.  I hollered, but no one answered me.  Finally, one of the boys cracked the door and told me that Doug had fell out of the top bunk and landed on his head.  He went from full mobility to total paralysis in less than 10 seconds.  We got medical help and he went to Osage Beach Hospital by ambulance.  Then they took him by med flight to Springfield, MO Mercy Hospital.  He was there for six days.
He received excellent care and is now home and receiving therapy.

It has been a roller coaster of emotions for both him and me.  Mostly him.  This has been one of those life changing events that happens and I know that God has everything under control.

I have not posted details on here because it takes time.  I have to be ever mindful that he needs me at the drop of a hat.  I will share more of God's goodness in days to come.

We are thanking God for the miracle that we have been blessed with.

1 comment: