Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer is Gone

Summer for me is gone....I start back to work on Monday.  I am a little excited and a whole lot nervous. I will be leaving Doug for an extended period of time for the first time in a month. I know that everything will be ok but my human nature is to fret just a little.  I have prayed and know that only God is in control on any given day, so there is no need to worry.

He has made tremendous progress in a month.  I only expect him to keep gaining ground.  God has answered our prayers and is continuing to heal.

The homestead has fared well during this time.  Good people, family and friends, have come and helped pick the garden, mow, and feed.  We have been blessed and able to give a lot of vegetables to sweet family and friends.  I have been able to preserve a few tomatoes, peppers, and pickled some cucumbers.  Our cantaloupe was the sweetest I do believe I have ever tasted. My corn was not the best but we were able to salvage it and dry it for the chickens.  They sure have loved it. :)

Still God is good to us and taking care of us as always.
This is something I would really like to have....just a thought.  Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment