Friday, June 24, 2016

Sweet Southern Sun Tea

As the days of the summer roll and I am trying to quench my thirst,  I think of how can this be done.

 My mind reminisces to the days when I was a kid playing outside in the heat because the house wasn't any cooler.  Really outside was probably cooler than the house.  With three brothers to go on adventures with, who would want to stay inside.  But there always came a time when drinking from the water hose was just not what you wanted.  My mom would make Sun Tea and sweeten it Southern style.  Oh, boy was it ever good....yes cool sweet liquid sliding down my parched throat was just what the body needed.

So the other day I remembered Sun Tea and bought me a half gallon of pickles from Atwoods.  We  finally ate all the pickles and I washed the jar out with warm soapy water to get all the pickle smell out of it. The next morning, I woke up early and put water and two family sized tea bags in it.  That afternoon, I brought the warm jug of tea in and sweetened it, put it in the refrigerator to let it cool.

Yes, Sweet Southern Sun Tea is in my glass as I'm writing.  Just like I remembered!

2 comments: