Thursday, June 2, 2016

Summer Fun Has Begun

Summer fun is here and the kids are having a blast.  We took them fishing yesterday and showed them how a country boy/girl will survive.  They did not really relish the idea of having to bait their own hook, so, I did it!  I didn't get much fishing done but I was there to teach them how much fun fishing can be. 
Madelyn ended up catching four about the same size as this one.  She caught two and said I put my confidence on and I'm going to catch another one.  She did, she caught two more!  She definitely has confidence in herself.
Doug caught a good size catfish.

 Alex caught two fish,  This bluegill was pretty good size.

I love teaching my grands that you can have fun and learn at the same time.  Also, we showed them how to take care of nature.  It was time well spent.  Since we live so close to such a beautiful lake we should enjoy what we have right here in our backyard.

1 comment: