Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Weekend

Church this morning was beautiful.  The sermon was bring all your needs to the altar.  Your prayers go up and build a memorial before the Lord.  He gave the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.  Then we have wonderful men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  Marvelous message.

Tomorrow we will be like most and grill out the traditional Memorial Day foods.  Hamburgers and Hot Dogs.

Doug and I bought fishing poles today along with our license so we can fish this summer.  I will be posting pictures of our catch.  Hopefully, we can catch enough that we can also put some up in the freezer for the winter.  This will definitely help our meat supply.  I'm the one that loves fish.
This is my Grandad Gus, my Mama's daddy, he was a Merchant Marine in California.  He helped guard the coast during the WWII era.

This is my father-in-law, Raymond Wade. He was a marine in the Korean Conflict.

Still looking for a photo of my Grandad Roger....verteran of WWII. He served in the army and fought in the Battle of the Bulge
Roger Tillman Shields

1 comment:

  1. One of my grandfathers wintered at valley forge!
    What a hero.

    ReplyDelete