Tuesday, May 24, 2016

School is Out!

School is out for the kids and teachers.  I am on an extended contract so I have 5 more days!  Oh, well, I do get paid for these days so it all works out.  I will enjoy being out.  The only thing is, this will be the first time in 33 years that Doug and I will have this much time together.  Since he was laid off in September, I have worked.  But now that I will be out, this summer may be interesting.  Hopefully we will get a lot of work done around the homestead and continue to love each other in the end.


This is the small garden and it is coming along nicely. Tomatoes, sunflowers, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, and peppers.  It is growing.  Madelyn and Alex watered it yesterday for me.  You will notice the dark spots. :)

This is the north garden.  I should have waited to take the picture until after Doug mowed.   It is doing well and we are proud of it.  We should have green beans before too long.

1 comment: