Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Old Car

Our car is getting on up there in age and I have just refused to break down and buy another one.  Zach has been driving it back and forth to Little Rock and guess what it decides to do? Yes! Break down on him.  Doug had to drive to LR to work on it because he is very talented that way. Thank goodness.  It is running and he is driving it home right now as I am completing this entry.  Hopefully, he can crip it home and be able to look at it tomorrow and really fix the problem.  I am not wanting to be in the market for a newer vehicle.  I was just speaking today how it has been a wonderful car and I don't want a newer one with all the foo foo stuff on it.  Well, life on the homestead it just what it is.  Nothing new, all is used, and we take good care of it so we don't have a lot of out going payments.  Payments get old real quick.  I use to want something new and my Dad would tell me to wait until I had enough cash to pay for it.  I just knew they wouldn't have it when I got the cash.  He would always say there will always be another sale.  You know, he is right!  There is always a sale going on and now I know that is good advice.

I am studying the book of Hebrews and find it interesting that when slowing down and really studying the Bible, I learn so much more.  The book of Hebrews presents Christ as the Author and Perfecter of our faith.  We are warned to pay attention in chapter 2...I am enjoying studying this book so far.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like payments either.

    I am reading apostle by tom bissell.

    ReplyDelete